Last modified July 21st, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ACCEPTANCE OF POLICY
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES AND YOUR RIGHTS
- DATA SECURITY
DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITES FOR EMERGENCY OR URGENT MEDICAL NEEDS.
Simple HealthKit is not a medical provider. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should dial 911 immediately.
1. Acceptance of Policy
- Any information that does not identify an individual, and data for which there is no reasonable basis to believe it could be used to identify an individual, including aggregated data, aggregated information, and de-identified data.
- How we ensure our adherence to Federal or State laws regarding your protected health information including under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Our policies regarding the processing of your protected health information are covered in our Notice of Privacy Practices that define how we preserve the privacy of your protected health information, and you should refer to that document regarding all processes associated with your healthcare records and other protected health information.
- Third-party websites or other content linked on our Websites. Any information you provide to those third-party websites are controlled by those third parties and are subject to their privacy policies. We encourage you to read their privacy policies carefully before giving them your information.
Children Under the Age of 13
No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or through the Websites without the supervision of a healthcare professional as permitted by applicable law or as verified by the consent of a guardian. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Information We Collect
The data we collect includes the following: name and contact data, account credentials, demographic data, payment data, and interactions data.
We collect and general different types of Personal Information depending on how you use or interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
- If you create an account, we ask for your name, account data, and credentials. These may include your username, password, first and last name, email address, phone number, and other details.
- When you register a test kit for processing, you must first log into your account, and then we ask for demographic data of the user of the test kit. This could include the first and last name, date of birth, gender, race, ethnicity, address, contact information, and other information we need to comply with state reporting laws.
- If you have any issues with our Websites and contact us, we ask for your name and contact data. We keep records of those conversations, including your name and email address.
- When you use our Websites to make purchases, we may ask for your contact and financial information to complete the order. This may include your name, email address, and mailing address. We do not have access or store your credit card information. Your credit card information is processed in a secure checkout by Square.
- If you fill out forms on our Websites, we ask for your name, email address, and your details about the use of our products or services.
- In addition to the information we collect, you have the option to share your experience with our Services through a feedback or other contribution mechanism. We will keep a record of those submissions including your name and your submission content.
- If you are a prospective employee, we will retain your submitted application and related correspondences.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you use our Websites, we may collect some information about your device and how you interact with them. Here are the specific details:
- We collect information about your visits to our Websites, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, and any errors that occur. We also gather data about how you got to our Websites and the resources you use while you’re there.
- We collect information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection. This includes your IP address, the type of operating system you have, the browser you use, and the version of our application you’re using.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also get Personal Information about you from other third parties where permitted by applicable law, and combine that with Personal Information you provide to us. We do this to provide you a more personalized experience. For example, we may receive Personal Information about you from our partners to enable us to validate your eligibility to use the Service. This information may include your name, email address, and other information.
3. How We Use and Share Your Information
Respecting Your Information
We will not sell any of your Personal Information collected through use of our Services. Further, we do not share your Personal Information with any third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Depending on what Services you use and how you interact with us, we may use and share your Personal Information within Simple HealthKit or to healthcare providers, service providers, trusted third parties in contract with Simple HealthKit, or government, regulatory, law enforcement, or local health agencies as described below:
- For any purpose with your consent.
- To show you our Websites and its contents.
- To offer our test kits and Services to you including for accepting and processing your test kit order, to test your test kit when you send it to our lab for processing, to make your test results available to you on our platform or through your care provider.
- To connect you with healthcare providers in the virtual care services when applicable.
- To process and fulfill your orders and transactions.
- To notify you about your account.
- To respond to your requests and contact you.
- To conduct surveys and get your feedback.
- To give you information about Simple HealthKit, our test kits, or other Services you ask for or that might interest you including through email communications or newsletters.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights in contracts with you, including with our Terms and Conditions.
- To tell you about changes to our Websites, test kits, or other Services we offer.
- To improve your user experience or our test kits, Websites, or other Services.
- To maintain records relating to your account and as required by applicable law.
- To help us with our business including with contractors and services providers supporting services like IT support, infrastructure support, marketing, payment processing, and order management.
- Other uses required to do so by law, for example in order to maintain accounting records, compliance with applicable retention obligations, for purposes of reporting obligations, to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, to investigate potential breaches and to protect our rights, property, safety and those of our users.
- When permitted by law, we may also enhance or combine information about you, including your Personal Information, with information about you that we obtain from third parties.
- To support any corporate changes like a merger, sale, or bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to a new owner or successor of Simple HealthKit.
Hardware and Smartphone Device Features
Our Websites can utilize features provided by operating systems like Windows, MacOS, Apple iOS, and Google Android. These features enhance your healthcare experience, such as accessing your device’s location data to find nearby pharmacies and using the camera and microphone for telehealth visits. You can also enable push notifications to receive alerts about important health events.
Customer and Account Engagement Platforms
We may use engagement platforms to improve our Services. These platforms help us identify issues, inform users about available features, and enhance the content on our Websites.
We may provide you information about our test kits or company-related Services in an email, via phone or text, or while you are browsing our Website. This information may be based on your prior interactions with our Services. We don’t control how third parties links on our Websites collect or use your information for targeted advertising, but they might give you options to opt-out. In those instances, even if you opt-out, you may still see ads, but they won’t be based on your online activity.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may provide links to websites and other resources on our Websites including through the portal. You will need to review the third-party terms and conditions, including privacy policies, to understand their rules and policies.
Web Beacons: We may use web beacons which are electronic images placed on the code of a webpage, application, or email that allows us to monitor things such as user activity and website traffic. Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize the web traffic flow.
Tags: We may use tags which are pieces of code to help us understand how people use our Website and emails. They can count how many times a message is read or track online patterns and trends.
Widgets: We may use widgets that are small components on our Websites that allow you to use certain features or functionalities.
How Do We Use Tracking Technologies?
We use tracking technologies in order to provide the Websites and Services, gather information about your usage patterns when you navigate the Websites in order to enhance your personalized experience, and to understand usage patterns to improve our Websites and Services.
We may use information collected from our Tracking Technology to identify user behavior and to serve content and offers based on your profile, and for the other purposes to the extent legally permissible in certain jurisdictions.
In other cases, we can associate tracking information (including information from Tracking Technologies placed on third party sites) with an identifiable individual. For example:
- If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we will know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
- When you click a link in a marketing email you receive from Simple HealthKit, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Types of Cookies
Cookies on our Websites are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies:These cookies are necessary for the Site to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you such as setting your privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- First Party Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow us to employ data analytics so we can measure and improve the performance of our site and provide more relevant content to you. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor down to an individual level that is available to us. These cookies are not passing personally identifiable information to any external third party other than in limited cases when we engage a service provider to act on our behalf but who is then unable to use the data for their own purposes.
- Performance and Function Cookies:
- Performance cookies are generally third-party cookies from vendors we work with or who work on our behalf that collect information about your visit and use of the Accenture website, for instance which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the website works. Third party vendors may have access to this data and may use it to improve their overall services and offerings.
- Functionality cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
- Targeting Cookies: Third-party advertising and social media cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behavior after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools or play certain videos on our site.
4. Your Choices and Your Rights
Questions About Our Privacy Practices
If you have any questions about our practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your inquiry to Simple HealthKit, Inc., 46421 Landing Pkwy, Fremont, California 94538.
Additionally, California law permits users of our Websites who are California residents to request certain information about how their information is shared with third parties for marketing purposes. Please email us if you would like to make such a request.
What You Can Do
We believe in giving you choices about your personal information. We want you to feel in control of your Personal Information and to be able to make the right choices for you. In addition to the measures for addressing tracking technologies, analytics, and customer engagement, here are some ways you have control:
Manage Your Cookies
You can adjust your cookie settings at any time from our cookie consent manager including blocking future cookies being placed on your device.
If you want to remove existing cookies from your device, you can do this using your browser options. Please be aware that deleting and blocking cookies may have an impact on your user experience.
Additionally, you can adjust your browser settings to block cookies. You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our Websites, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
View/Edit Your Account Information or Turn Off Your Account
You have the ability to review your Personal Information by logging into our portal. If you notice any mistakes or want to inform us about changes to your information, you can email us at email@example.com. We want to make sure your information is accurate and up to date.
If you want to turn off your account, please let us know, this will stop your ability to access our portal and your test kit information. Even if you turn off your account, we will retain certain data to comply with all our legal or contractual requirements, for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to the request, or for other purposes as required or authorized by law.
Understand Our Use of Your Protected Health Information (“PHI”)
You have certain rights under Federal or State laws regarding your PHI including under HIPAA. These rights include accessing your data, limiting how it’s used and shared, choosing how we communicate with you, correcting any errors, receiving a record of who we’ve shared your information with, and being notified if there’s a security breach. To learn more about these rights and how they apply to your health information, please check our Notices of Privacy Practices. If you don’t use our portal, ask your own healthcare provider for their Notice of Privacy Practices for more information.
Stop Advertising Emails from Simple HealthKit
If you don’t want us to use your email address to send you information about our test kits and services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our emails. But remember, this doesn’t apply to the information we need to provide to you about your use of our Services.
Do Not Track Signals
Right now, we don’t follow ‘do not track’ requests. Some web browsers have a setting called “Do Not Track” that you can turn on. When you turn it on, your browser may send a signal to websites and online services letting them know you don’t want your information tracked. This means that even if we received this signal, we don’t change how we handle your information. Visit All About Do Not Track for more information.
5. Data Security
We take your privacy and the security of your information very seriously. But it’s not just up to us to keep your information safe. You also play a role in keeping your information secure. If you have a password to access our Websites, it’s important that you keep it a secret and don’t share it with anyone. This way, only you can access your account and protect your information.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, it’s important to know that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. This means that when you send information to our Websites, there is a small risk that it could be accessed by unauthorized people. So please be cautious and aware when sharing personal information online. We cannot be responsible for any privacy settings or security measures that are bypassed or ignored by others on our Websites, in your operating system, or in our application.
We do not host PHI on our Websites that do not require secure accounts and authentication. Our Websites that do not host PHI are available to everyone on the internet, and represent information made generally available by us, and these sites receive information made available by visitors and users.
We retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary to provide the test kits and Services. In some cases we may retain some of your information for a longer period, where we have a legitimate business interest to do so (such as to contact you to provide you with relevant information about our test kits and Services or to maintain your account with us), in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or defend against legal claims, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Technical and Organizational Measures
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law. Such measures include restricting access to Personal Data on a “need-to-know” basis, and securing Personal Information using industry-standard administrative, physical, and technical safeguards. We do our best to protect our systems and information from unauthorized access or changes.
While we endeavor to always protect our systems, sites, operations, and information against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure, it is important for you to know that, despite using these current industry-recommended practices, we cannot guarantee against breaches in security.
Note to International Users